Friday, August 27, 2010

The (Completed) Canvas Project 3, Part 3

I've been teasing you these past few months about my paintings for The Canvas Project 3 public art project.  They're finished and on their way to NY.  Yippee!

For this project, I received 3 canvases and 3 randomly selected words to interpret.  See if you can guess the word.  The words painted on the edges of the canvas in second and third pictures of each set are a hint.  The answers are at the bottom of this post.

Painting #1

The hint is "Once in a Blue Moon".  OMG!  After many years of searching, I am oh-so-lucky to have found the love of my life.  (still pinching myself too...)

Painting #2

© Susan Calvert


The hint is "I Think I Can".  I gave The Little Engine That Could eye lashes and tears.  The yellow dots on the orange background are brilliant sunshine and the bright green dots in the landscape are the stability of being grounded. The copyright symbol and signature are on the upside of this self portrait.
 
Painting #3



The hint is "Frost Yourself in Diamonds".  While base coating this all I could think of was cupcakes.  Doesn't the shape remind you of one?  It did for me so I slathered up the paint to "frost" the facets of this diamond.  After all, diamonds are a girl's best friend.  Yum!

Did you figure out the words?  Give up?  Okay, here are the answers:

Painting #1:  "Seldom" (Once in a Blue Moon)
Painting #2:  "Could" (I Think I Can)
Painting #3:  "Eloquence" (Frost Yourself in Diamonds)

Thank you for playing the game. The opening for the show is on Friday, December 3, 2010 at:

201 Richards St #16
Brooklyn, NY 11231

For more information about The Canvas Project 3, click here.  To view my 2009 entries for The Canvas Project 2, click here.

2 comments:

3 Peeps Designs said...

I couldn't figure out the words, but once I saw the answers I felt the paintings fit. Great job!

Susan Calvert said...

Thank you for participating!

Am so glad to have sent them off. I can hardly wait to see which one they choose to publish. I love surprises!