Monday, February 23, 2009

SKETCH BOOK: We Are All Made of Stars

Our CD player has a “random” feature allowing for song selection in no particular order. The first song I heard as I pulled out my sketch book during breakfast was “We are all made of Stars” by Moby. Here is an acoustical version of him singing his song:


I love physics, biology and ecology. I also believe in evolution. I started my illustration drawing the two stars as I created my way through the universe (page) with different shapes representing various life energies. My, there are so many things out there, aren't there?

"We are All Made of Stars", © Susan Calvert, all rights reserved

I am fascinated with the creative mind and how each human being is an individual based upon genetics and environment. Some of the most mind-stimulating people I enjoy reading about are Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud and Pablo Picasso.

I enjoyed listening to the musical creativity of Moby while creating this piece.Yes, Virginia, I believe we are all made of stars and the need to embrace each others star.


(click on picture for detailed view)
© Susan Calvert, all rights reserved

Out beyond ideas of right and wrong, there is a field. I will meet you there. --Rumi

No comments: